Tuesday, April 8, 2014

To iPad or not to iPad that is the Question?

For me the answer is simple, YES!

I feel I have a different perspective on this topic because I moved from a school where we only had 30 shared iPads to a school where every child has one.  WOW what a HUGE benefit and advantage these children will have.  I heard  recently from Jennifer Lagarde that "We have to be using technology to communicate, collaborate, create, and think critically!"  I think that is the vision of LISD and what we are doing at Donald.

Does it happen overnight?  No!
Will there be bumps in the road?  Yes!
Will it cost money to get these devices into the kids hands?  Yes!
Will it take some management on the part of teachers and parents?  Yes!
Will the kids try to use the iPads for an expensive toy?  Yes they are kids!
Are filters 100% effective 100% of the time?  No!


I think you get my point when I say the benefits are too great for us to ignore.

I for one feel so blessed to work in a place and for a district that thinks 1:X is the way to do it.




No comments:

Post a Comment